Ok, my last post was about the best table service restaurants in terms of food quality in Walt Disney World. Now I will look at the same thing but for Quick Service restaurants but I’ll add in value also. These are some of my personal favorites throughout the parks and resorts, not including Disney Springs. One glaring omission from my top 6 is Be Our Guest. Remember what I said, this is about food quality and value. Be Our Guest is just an overpriced restaurant with overrated food. Now if this is about food and atmosphere things will change, I’ll go over that in another post in the near future. But the prices are high and quite frankly, the quality of food there has gone downhill. So BOG does not make the list. If you are on the meal plan it is worth it, but paying cash it isn’t, but again that’s for a later discussion. But here is my top 6:
6. Casey’s Corner: Personally, I love a good hot dog. I know some people will say that hot dogs are horrible for you, so many nitrates, blah blah blah. You are on vacation,at Walt Disney World and are in the Magic Kingdom, it’s ok to have a Hot dog. Also, some people with think what’s so special about a hot dog? Well you haven’t had a dog from Casey’s. Cannot go wrong with their all beef hot dog, plus an array of toppings. They also have my favorite, the pulled pork slaw dog. It’s an all beef hot dog covered with pulled pork, coleslaw and drizzled with bbq sauce. They also have the macaroni and cheese dog and the chili cheese dog. These are so good, and if you are really hungry, or want to split a meal with someone else, order the foot long for slightly extra. It will be more than enough for 2 to share. It’s just really nice to have good hot dog, with all the toppings every now and then. Only downside is if you go during the busy times it is very hard to get a seat.
5. Yak and Yetti: This is a great stop in Animal Kingdom, one I don’t eat at as much as I should mainly because of Flamteee bbq. The Kobe beef burger is good, if you want to go a little lighter, the chicken wrap is pretty good too,and so is the teriyaki beef bowl. There are some different offerings here that aren’t typical of most Quick Service locations in Disney. It’s good food and a little change of pace from some of the normal stuff throughout the parks.
4. Sunshine Seasons: I put this here because of the variety found here. You can find this downstairs in the Land pavilion. My favorite dish is the s Mongolian beef. That is extremely good and usually what I get here. The Rotisserie chicken is very good also, as is the Slow roasted pork loin. There are also a variety of other options like sandwiches and salads. Again, the menu here isalityle different from most other places, and is a good change of pace.
3. La Cantina de San Angel: I absolutely love Mexican food, so this is natural for me. I know some may not be as fond and thing I’m foolish For putting this up here. But for all you Mexican food lovers, this place is pretty good. My wife swears by the fish tacos, I like the empanadas or the beef tacos. My favorite thing on the menu are the nachos. The restaurant is located right on the lagoon so you can get some really good views. Best thing is you can end your meal with a nice churro.
2. Peppermarket food court: horrible underrated mainly because of its location, this used to be a favorite of mine. But, for the very reason it’s underrated, that’s the same reason I do not get to eat at this gem. Located in the Coronado Springs Resort, there is so much to choose from here. From Pizzas, to burgers, to ribs and Mexican food. Sandwiches, salads and a wide array of other dishes are served here. This place is so good, and it is a great QS on the dining plan. I’m willing to bet most have never visited this great restaurant, and I think you need to find a way to get here next time at Walt Disney World.
1. Flametree BBQ: I love bbq, absolutely love it. I know I know, I love hot dogs, I loveMexicsn food, what do I not love? But I am telling you, bbq is my favorite. Whispering Canyon has some good bbq, you can pretty much find pulled pork sandwiches all over Walt Disney World. But Flametree is different. What I get is the chicken and ribs combo.. good tasty chicken, good ribs, decent sides. The pulled pork nachos are amazing and They have what seems like real bbq sauce, not the generic brand bbq sauces like Heinz. Personally I think the sauces are lacking a bit, but I am very particular about my bbq and sauce.If I go toAnimal Kingdom, I’m going here. Some have said it has tons down hill, I only started going to this restaurant within the last few years, but it’s a good bbq, and to me there is nothing better.